Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Old made new again

Ever since I moved out the Christmas tree at the beginning of the month, I've been in one of those clean and purge moods. Isn't it amazing how much STUFF can accumulate over time? Which then makes me wonder why I feel the need to shop for yet more stuff. After conducting some research on Pinterest...yes that's what we'll call it - research... scanning for unique ideas of how to reuse the items already in my possession, my creative juices began to flow.

Here's a roundup of some of the best ideas I came across for taking everyday items you already own and making them new again through ingenious displays. Not only new, but new and improved!

This super easy and inexpensive idea incorporates the IKEA Dignitet curtain hanging system to display your children's artwork. I think this idea would also work wonderfully with old postcards or black & white photographs.



I personally like my coffee cup to have a little flair when I'm trying to wake up in the morning, so I love this idea of using a coffee mug collection as an eye catching display. The IKEA Stripa shelving above has been discontinued, but the Ribba picture ledge can serve the same purpose.


via BHG

via ApartmentTherapy
Do you have a collection of small items that has somehow outgrown your space? How about selecting the cream of the crop and displaying them in lovely glass canisters. Another great idea is to rotate your collection regularly so that it always feel new and refreshed. 



And maybe the easiest way to make your old finds new again is by simply framing them. Inexpensive white frames like the IKEA Sondrum and Odby series below can make just about anything more interesting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment